Food Rescue Driver
We partner with Muncie Community Schools to rescue food that would otherwise go to waste. This food is repurposed and distributed to partner organizations. Drivers will pick up food from school cafeterias and transport the food in coolers (we provide) to Inside Out. Rescue driver volunteer’s responsibilities:
- Arrive at Inside Out by 11:15am to load up coolers.
- Have a reliable vehicle with the capacity to haul coolers (42”x18”x 20” high).
- A valid driver’s license is required to rescue food for Fresh Directions.
- Communicate with cafeteria staff, sign paperwork and return a copy to Inside Out.
- Load food into coolers and transport to Inside Out.
- Assist in unloading coolers at Inside Out.